Thursday 15 November 2012

Skiing Turkeys


My sweet sister and her daughter were here for a one week vacation this past week.  I was very sad to leave them at the airport last night; it was such a great week. In the midst of my sister's visit, we both celebrated our birthdays.  Happy birthday to us. We decided to commemorate our birthdays with an adventure.  I took a day off- NO, I did not play hooky as it would be rather obvious if I returned to school with a broken leg after staying at home "sick"- and we went skiing.  Yes we did! We enjoyed an amazing day of excellent skiing and finished our day with a delicious meal at one of my favourite restaurants in the mountains. 


My sister on the slopes. She really does have skis on her feet.



THANKFUL TURKEY CARDS
What does skiing and snow and birthdays have to do with turkeys?  Not much, but the beginning of our ski season usually coincides with American Thanksgiving. And I am definitely thankful my sister came for a visit and I am very thankful she is still MUCH older than I am!  I thought I would share the easy turkeys we created last month when we celebrated Thanksgiving here in Canada. 

An oldie but a goodie.

We busted out the smelly markers-something my little angels were thankful for.  The kids put a few colors on the coffee filter and then we sprayed the filters with water and the students watched, oohed and aahed as the colors ran together and made new colors.  Once the filters were dry, we cut out a
the turkey from tracers and then glued the turkeys to folded tag paper and made them into Thanksgiving cards for their families.  They wrote thankful notes on autumn themed paper and we glued the notes inside the card. 


A Cute Little Turkey




Our Colorful Gobblers


Now I must stop procrastinating and get back to my progress reports.  Hope you are all having a fantastic week!


2 comments:

  1. I love coffee filter turkeys. We do something similar...they're so pretty! And yours are just gorgeous.
    I'm a long-time skier but haven't been in awhile. I'm totally envying you!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable blog! We have nominated you for the Liebster Award. This award helps bloggers find new blogs that have less than 200 followers! Please check out our blog for more information!

    The Frugal Girls- Melissa and Brittany
    http://frugalinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!