Tuesday 6 November 2012

Rainbow Colored Pumpkins?

Rainbow colored Pumpkins?


We read The Bumpy Little Pumpkin one morning and discussed how every pumpkin is different. Don't you just love Little Nell?

The Bumpy Little Pumpkin

I came across this art activity a few months ago and we ripped it like a band-aid a few Fridays ago.  They loved working with pastels and every single angel was proud of the results. This is great for introducing line, shape, shading, primary and secondary colors. And yes, every color of the rainbow is used and my angels loved that tidbit of information. 
 I overheard one of my boys describe the drawing process to his friend; "Draw a weiner and then the bun." Sure, why not?



Et Voila, here are a few finished masterpieces:




Isn't this the bumpiest, and most adorable pumpkin?






5 comments:

  1. Those are seriously beautiful. It's hard to believe they were done by 6 and 7 year olds!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumpkins! Thanks for stopping by my blog and grabbing Lilly's purse. I'm your newest follower! Have a wonderful day--and I can't wait to see more of your ideas!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONEderful Barbara just posted about you. Love her...love your blog, too! Welcome to the pinter-blog-iverse!!! Happy to be following you!
    Growing Firsties is having a Pete the Cat Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of blogging.
    Your kids are great artists - their pumpkins are fabulous.
    I am happy to be your newest follower.

    sandi
    rubberboots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Pumpkins! Welcome to blogging...Its always nice to find other Canadians! I am in Winnipeg.
    Stop on by!

    Renee
    The Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!